Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Have you behaved yourself? - Te has portado bien?

It's no secret, I’m a daddy’s girl...and a mommy’s girl. Some have said my sister and I are spoiled, but it’s not our fault that our parents love us.

I speak to my parents regularly and never need a reason to call them - call just to call. If time slips by and I don’t call my mother will call me just to remind me I have a mother.

“Ya se te olvido que tienes una mama?”

I find that hilarious.

My dad likes to tell me they love and miss me. He also likes to ask me how I am behaving.

“De has portado bien?”

“yes. wait, what exactly do you mean when you ask that question?”

I asked because he could have been referring to me paying all my bills, depositing into my Roth IRA, etc.

He laughed and told me they’re done raising me and that at this point I knew.

Sometimes I forget.

No comments: